FROM COPD NEWS OF THE DAY:
This Christmas gift wish list was compiled a couple of Christmas ago with the help of the super members of the forum Sharing COPD Information
Its certainly true that people with COPD are in most respects people just like you or me.
(hey…wait a minute… they are me! And quite possibly you. Or someone you know.)
Were still the same people we always were and the gifts that weve received in the past,
well probably still enjoy now and in the future.
But there are some changes that are unique to the COPD lifestyle. Thats where this wish list comes in. If we could ask Santa to bring a few things, heres what they might be:
1. an oximeter
2. good books/movies, especially happy/humorous ones
3. comfortable walking shoes & insoles
4. warm jacket with pockets
(a down jacket or similar outerwear is much preferred to the synthetics for warmth, especially for those of us who dont move too fast when were outside- even though they are a bit more pricey)
5. rolling backpack/suitcase
6. gift certificate for favorite restaurant (especially ones that have take-out)
7. a portable voice recorder to record the questions & docs answers at appointments to listen to again at home
8. a nice, soft scarf that can be worn over your mouth and nose when outside
9. a very good office armchair with all direction rollers.
10. a trip to the mall for 2 hours with door to door service as well as someone willing to carry packages while shopping
11. comfortable, padded barstool with seatback to be able to sit comfortable at the kitchen counter while preparing meals
12. a pre-paid cell phone for emergencies
13. housekeeping service for one day
For some more good ideas, I found a catalog that I like at
They have garden tools, mobility accessories, music collections- I really like the long handled body lotion applicator for your back or legs….
www.ActiveForever.com is more medically oriented and not as much fun,
but they do carry almost everything you might need to assist you with the activities of daily living at a pretty good price.
Our Christmas Wish List
No replies to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users