COPD Magazine

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MSI_*

• Guests

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:42 PM

Today I recieved for the first time the COPD Magazine it was very insightful and I learned a few things too. ;) So I thought I would share this with all of you, my on line family. You can go to www.copddigest.org and request your free subcription.
I hope all is well with all of you and take care. My thought are with the gentleman who is sick.
I look forward to reading from you all again soon. Hi wheezer and Chris, Jayne and Lori too just to name a few of the names I see posting often.

Melisa :P

#2 Jane Martin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 06:22 PM

Hi Melisa and everybody else, too,

I'm so glad you subscribed to COPD Digest! It is a beautiful magazine, and at a good reading level...not too complicated, but definitely not "talking down" to the reader. And you can't beat the price! I recommend it highly, and for those of you involved in rehab or Better Breathers' Clubs, they will send this magazine -- free -- in bundles of ten to whomever asks.
We have a link on this site on our links page for COPD Digest. If you click on it you will see a picture of our dear Dr. Tom Petty and you will also find some of his writings. Dr. Petty is now on supplemental oxygen and so you know he truly understands what some of you are going through.
Have a good weekend, all. I will be checking in along the way.
Jane.
;)

#3 thefireman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:fire fighting wahoooooo it great helping ppl

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:28 AM

well this will be 4 times i have tried to get that magazine so i hope i can get it this time they just never sent it before i hope they do we will seee lol lol ;) :P i will let u know if it comes or not be safe everyone :) :lol:
( The Fireman) Capt Chris Anthony
BE SAFE =)

Ride Together Fight Fire Together Fire Fighters For LIfe

I Fight What You Fear

#4 lorip

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:I have a 23 yr old son, Brian who has a full time job and bartends on weekends. I have a Bassett Hound, Tassie and two cats Abby and Oscar. I also have a fresh water fish aquarium. I enjoy reading, playing the piano, gardening flowers and vegetables and decorating my house. I also like all types of music and i love to dance. I am a member of my church council, I have a full time job and I am an AVON LADY!!! I collect "ANGELS" and Music Boxes. I have met a wonderful man, Chuck. And have started sharing his love for motorcycles.
    Since my dad passed away of COPD/Emphysema on 26 Dec. 2003, I have become very involved with the American Lung Association, Breathing Better, Living Well, Emphysema Foundation for Our Right to Survive,COPD International, Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease(GOLD), The Pulmonary Paper, Emphysema/COPD The Journal of Patient Centered Care and St. Luke's Hospital, Maumee, Ohio - Better Breather's Club. I am also in the process of building my own web site for Lung Disease and Smoke Free Information.
    I have taken the Freedom From Smoking Training and have assisted in Smoking Cessation Classes. With the death of my dad, I have been inspired to help families and their loved ones suffering from Lung Disease to research and learn whatever they can about these debilitating diseases. I have also designed and am selling a "Lung Disease Awareness - Breathing Is Life" Magnet. The Pinwheel symbolizes that "Breathing Is Life".
    "When You Cant Breath, Nothing Else Matters!"

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:47 PM

Hi,
How is everyone doing?
chris, i receive about 3 copies of each issue of the COPD Digest. If you dont receive one, i can mail you one. Just let me know. okay? It is a very good magazine, I have learned alot from it.
Melisa, thank you for mentioning my name above, that was really nice of you. I still have a hard time maneuvering around on the community board, Jane has to give me some more lessons!!! I will be going out to visit her in May.I am very excited!! I am in Pa. so it will be a nice trip for me. ;)
I am at work right now, writing this, trying to work on my website and my tagline and also working on a new story that i have come up with about my dear loving dad.
i guess i better do the work i get paid for .. ha ha :P
God Bless,
Lori
[url="http://www.loveyourlungsbreatheforlife.com"]My Webpage[/url] My BLOG [url="http://sandyellen.blogspot.com"]http://sandyellen.blogspot.com[/url][QUOTE]"The melody that the loved one played upon the piano of your life will never be played quite that way again, but we must not close the keyboard and allow the instrument to gather dust. We must seek out other artists of the spirit, new friends who gradually will help us to find the road to life again, who will walk that road with us".
[QUOTE] "WHEN YOU CANT BREATHE, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS".
[QUOTE] For the "BREATH OF LIFE - SAVE YOUR LUNGS, SO THE MUSIC CAN ALWAYS BE PLAYED"

#5 lorip

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:I have a 23 yr old son, Brian who has a full time job and bartends on weekends. I have a Bassett Hound, Tassie and two cats Abby and Oscar. I also have a fresh water fish aquarium. I enjoy reading, playing the piano, gardening flowers and vegetables and decorating my house. I also like all types of music and i love to dance. I am a member of my church council, I have a full time job and I am an AVON LADY!!! I collect "ANGELS" and Music Boxes. I have met a wonderful man, Chuck. And have started sharing his love for motorcycles.
    Since my dad passed away of COPD/Emphysema on 26 Dec. 2003, I have become very involved with the American Lung Association, Breathing Better, Living Well, Emphysema Foundation for Our Right to Survive,COPD International, Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease(GOLD), The Pulmonary Paper, Emphysema/COPD The Journal of Patient Centered Care and St. Luke's Hospital, Maumee, Ohio - Better Breather's Club. I am also in the process of building my own web site for Lung Disease and Smoke Free Information.
    I have taken the Freedom From Smoking Training and have assisted in Smoking Cessation Classes. With the death of my dad, I have been inspired to help families and their loved ones suffering from Lung Disease to research and learn whatever they can about these debilitating diseases. I have also designed and am selling a "Lung Disease Awareness - Breathing Is Life" Magnet. The Pinwheel symbolizes that "Breathing Is Life".

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:43 AM

Hi Chris,
How are you feeling? My thoughts are with you.
just wondering if you received your package yet? I hope you enjoy the reading material. The goodies are what i used for my COPD Fairs that i held.
talk to you soon,
god bless,
Lori :rolleyes:
[url="http://www.loveyourlungsbreatheforlife.com"]My Webpage[/url] My BLOG [url="http://sandyellen.blogspot.com"]http://sandyellen.blogspot.com[/url][QUOTE]"The melody that the loved one played upon the piano of your life will never be played quite that way again, but we must not close the keyboard and allow the instrument to gather dust. We must seek out other artists of the spirit, new friends who gradually will help us to find the road to life again, who will walk that road with us".
[QUOTE] For the "BREATH OF LIFE - SAVE YOUR LUNGS, SO THE MUSIC CAN ALWAYS BE PLAYED"

#6 thefireman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:20 PM

Hi lori
just to let u know i havent got them yet mail is slow out here in the boonies lmbo (laughing my but off ) lol anyway thanks again for everything u done for me and for everyone here bless u and everyone and everything u all do :rolleyes:
BE SAFE =)

I Fight What You Fear

#7 thefireman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:11 AM

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i got them lori thank u so much and guess what lol i got my first copd digest to day lol but i wanted to thank u for ur help and sending me stuff :lol: :lol: and for the e mails and i will send u emails of things i get to if u want me to be safe and thanks again chris
BE SAFE =)

I Fight What You Fear

#8 lorip

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:19 PM

Chris,
I am so glad that you received my package. I think there is plenty of reading material there... isnt there??!!! I hope you enjoy the information provided. Yes, please send me anything new that you receive. i will need plenty of info to help with my website!! :lol: thank you and god bless,
Lori

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users