•         

February

#31 peg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Interests:Spending time with 7 yr old GRANDSON and 6 older step-grandchildren [between 18 and 25], reading, sewing, sudoku, playing card games with husband and friends, entertaining friends, learning to do more on the computer, learning to work with digital pictures on the computer. Always finding some new project to get interested in and overload myself with.

11 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

Ken, Nick was so sure he wasn't going to forget it that he took care of it on Friday....kind of took Tuesday's punch out of it, but he is sure not to have the poor doghouse accommodations! :D

#32 Ken-FL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Interests:Love travel,reading and my 9 grandchildren. Spouse is 8 year Breast Cancer survivor.
    My wife and I enjoy touring on our new Spyder 3 wheeled motorcycle. In my spare time I read and cross stitch am a bird and wildlife watcher and enjoy nature photography.

13 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

Good Monday Morning from cold???? Central Florida.......30 degree temps the last two mornings....I know that is no big deal to you Northerners but it feels below zero to us spoiled Floridians. Extra tough to climb out of bed and head to the gym this morning particularly because the heat pump did not kick on so it was very cold in the house.
Got that corrected for the short term when I found the circuit breaker tripped, will have to see if it remains on or if there is a more significant problem.

Anyway I made it to the gym where I was able to warm up by working out for an hour, 40 mins then home to a warm cup of coffee!

Had a quiet relaxing weekend as the cool temps and high winds kept us inside. Exercised each day on our home exercise bike. Hope all is well with everyone.

Good breathing!

Ken-FL
There are really only two requirements when it comes to exercise.
One is that you do it. The other is that you continue to do it.

#33 Ken-FL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Interests:Love travel,reading and my 9 grandchildren. Spouse is 8 year Breast Cancer survivor.
    My wife and I enjoy touring on our new Spyder 3 wheeled motorcycle. In my spare time I read and cross stitch am a bird and wildlife watcher and enjoy nature photography.

14 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

Ahhhh, much warmer this morning here in the Sunshine state on this Valentines Day. Happy Valentines Day to all of the wonderful ladies here at BBLW! I hope you have a great day with the one you love!
A pretty routine day at the gym this morning. Got through it well with good sats and good heart rate and feel good today.
I hope your day is a good one and that you have good breathing throughout the week.

Ken-FL

#34 peg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Interests:Spending time with 7 yr old GRANDSON and 6 older step-grandchildren [between 18 and 25], reading, sewing, sudoku, playing card games with husband and friends, entertaining friends, learning to do more on the computer, learning to work with digital pictures on the computer. Always finding some new project to get interested in and overload myself with.

14 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

Ken, you are right on the ball this morning! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to our BBLW world.

Here's wishing everyone a day filled with love and good breathing.

Smiles,
Peg

#35 Darrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Interests:Fitness, family and community activities.

14 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

I guess I'm back from that stomach virus. I did a normal workout today and followed that with lunch with an old high school friend. Both activities went well and I'm finally feeling normal after a few extremely miserable days.

Thanks Ken and Peg for keeping the gym open in my absence.

Darrell

#36 Ken-FL

Advanced Member

• Members

14 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Darrell,
Glad to see you back. My son's family is passing the same stuff around right now. One of the few times I am glad they are in Indiana and I am in Florida.

Welcome back to the land of the living.

Ken-FL

#37 claire

Advanced Member

• Members

14 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Happy Valentine's Day to All.

Darrell, glad to hear that you are feeling human again....those gastro viruses are a real trial.

Hope all enjoyed the day....now on to the chocolate!

Claire

#38 Tim

Advanced Member

• Members

15 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

I couldn't believe our favorite Restaurant was closed on Valentine's day. It seems like that's how my lucks been running here lately.
We finally decided on Gyros and had a very nice time. Even ran into an old friend we both worked with years ago.

Darrell, glad to hear your feeling better, that stomach flu is going around here also and it took me a few days to get over it.

I don't have a whole lot to report in the exercise department. I haven't been to PR since last Tuesday. The place is full of
sick people who refuse to stay home. I seem to be susceptible to everything I come in contact with right now and I'm real
tired of being sick. I also don't think this Pred Taper is helping my attitude. I feel more depressed then normal and since
I usually don't suffer with depression, I'm really feeling it. My Pulmo told me to expect this but didn't feel the need to
prescribe anything for it as it should pass. I don't understand why it would hurt to let me have something to help but
my Dr's always avoid the conversation. Like they don't hear me talking. Oh Well, I guess things will eventually get better.

We haven't had the greatest Weather around here the last few days. We have rain today and it's another bad breathing day.
These weather fronts moving through can sometimes cause me a lot of breathing problems. The good news is that they clear up
and things get better as soon as the front moves on. My Dr's would probably tell me I'm crazy but that's the way it is. We're due for
warmer temps, no rain and some sun the rest of the week. It would be nice to be able to get outside.

Tim

#39 Darrell

Advanced Member

• Members

15 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Call me Mr. Domestic today. I have spent half the morning doing some spring cleaning in my garage. My workbench had accumulated a winters worth of debris, very little of which was needed. I'm on a coffee break right now and then it's outside to start some pruning. Things I usually do in "springtime" need to be done now because most of our plants are already showing quite a bit or new spring growth. I don't think winter ever really settled in and I'm wondering what the allergy season is going to be like. The plan is to get some things started today ahead of the allergy season. After that it is my turn to cook dinner tonight so I need to come up with a plan there. All together a very domestic day.
Darrell

#40 Ken-FL

Advanced Member

• Members

15 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

Tim,
Hang in there guy!!! This too will pass. Doesn't sound like things are going your way, I had a weekend like that a couple of weeks ago...Can be tough to muddle through. Have mixed thoughts on the depression meds, on the one hand it is treatable and one shouldn't have to suffer from it, on the other hand I know three people in the past 6 months that have been prescribed depression meds and quit them because the side effects were worse than the depression, so who knows.

You need some sunshine, fresh air and likely some good sleep and then hit the reset button and reboot. Sure wish there was something I could do to lighten your load right now.

Darrell, good to see you back and active after that flu bug. We are already into allergy season here in florida and our pollen counts have been very high, at this point primarily from tree pollen. I hope your season there is a mild one.

Another morning in the gym this morning then off to my accountants office with my income tax info....always a highlight of my year! (right!)
Now well into a full day of work.

Now that Darrell is over the hump we all need to try to help Tim get back on an even keel.

Good Breathing!

Ken

#41 peg

Advanced Member

• Members

15 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Tim, just tell yourself you are not going to let that nastiness take up valuable space in your brain today!! But I do know what you mean...some days are just like that.
Darrell you sound really on the ball today. Let us know what you decide on for dinner!
We are having another beautiful sunny day today. It may be cold, but it's sunny. That helps!
That's it, Tim. Go to a tanning place for some UV rays to pick you up.

I made it through PR yesterday, but at a slower pace...but I made it. Whoopie! Now my nose won't stop dripping long enough to accomplish anything..oh, well. Mama said there would be days like this.

We can all give it a smile for effort, anyway.

#42 Darrell

Advanced Member

• Members

15 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Tim I agree with your take that it would be helpful for you to get outside this week. I tried it here today and it's a great way to clear the cobwebs of my mind. Quite refreshing, decent weather and I can enjoy some private time with just me and the dogs. I must say that I get alot of pleasure from the company of my pets, they can be so entertaining just by playing, chasing and catching the ball. Not saying you should go out and get a dog but it can be a picker upper to be around pets especially if you can send them home with someone else afterwards.
Darrell

#43 Tim

Advanced Member

• Members

16 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hi Darrell, I've had pets in the past but always end up having to give them away. I'm very allergic to most animals and although
I can handle being around them out doors, once we're inside, my allergies kick into overdrive. The bird we just had is a prime
example. We had become very attached to him and then had to give him away. We have decided... No More Pets.

I keep hearing that we're going to have better weather this week but so far it's still overcast and wet out there. Maybe tomorrow
will be better.

I'm feeling somewhat better this morning so maybe I'm finally getting over this cold. Now if Dew can just avoid bringing anything else
home from work, life would be grand.

Take care,

Tim

#44 Darrell

Advanced Member

• Members

16 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

I had a strong day at the gym today with the T/M turned up a notch or two on both speed and incline. I made over an hour of cardio including the bike and elliptical and my heart rate stayed where it is supposed to be along with my sats. Now we're in for a cool rainy day so I'm glad I got my outdoor work done yesterday.

Well my plans for dinner last night never got very far and it's just as well. We had a big meal at midday and by dinner I had a little appetite and the wife wasn't hungry at all. But from the night before I did have a leftover oven stuffer with extra stuffing to pick at and a little bit of that is always good.

Speaking of food it's that time of day and I just burned a load of calories.

Darrell

#45 Ken-FL

Advanced Member

• Members

16 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

Tim,
I hope each day is a little better for you and that the weather clears up. Darrell, a strong day in the gym is always a good thing so have a treat!
I had a good workout this am, and have been buried in some data analysis all day so took a short break from a massive spreadsheet to check in here.
Seafood night tonight a little baked salmon with a Bourbon sauce should do it.

Was on a live chat with Jane and Rebecca at 1:00 PM, they take place every Thursday, if you get a chance drop in next week and join us!

As my daughter reminds me constantly: Take a deep breath........life is good today!

Ken

1 user(s) are browsing this forum